The Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council (G/FLRPC) will identify, define, and inform its member counties of issues and opportunities critical to the physical, economic, and social health of the region. G/FLRPC provides forums for discussion, debate, and consensus building, and develops and implements a focused action plan with clearly defined outcomes, which include programs, personnel, and funding.
Spring 2018 Regional Local Government Workshop - May 18, 2018, Burgundy Basin Inn, Pittsford, NY
- Community Choice Aggregation Meeting, Date: February 7, 2018. 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Overview of the FEMA National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), Wednesday, November 15, 2017. 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Rebuilding After The 2017 Lake Ontario Flood: A Primer For Code Enforcement Officers - Wednesday, January 24, 2018. Presentations and handouts are available at: seagrant.sunysb.edu/articles/t/coastal-community-development-program-resources-workshops-and-events
- Clean Energy Communities & Climate Smart Communities - Governor Cuomo recently announced the launch of Clean Energy Communities, a $16-million initiative to help local governments across the state reduce energy consumption and drive clean energy use in their communities. Local governments that complete four out of ten identified High Impact Actions will earn the Clean Energy Community designation and access to grant funding to implement additional clean energy projects. To learn more, visit http://nyserda.ny.gov/cec. For questions or assistance in the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates Counties) contact David Zorn at Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-454-0190 x14.
- Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) for the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates Counties) - the LUCA program is the only opportunity offered to tribal, state, and local governments to review and comment on the U.S. Census Bureau’s residential address list for their jurisdiction prior to the 2020 Census. The Census Bureau relies on a complete and accurate address list to reach every living quarters and associated population for inclusion in the census. We held Workshops throughout the Region to give a LUCA overview and provide important information to each county and municipality. Information included the LUCA process, county and municipal requirements for making G/FLRPC the Regional LUCA coordinator and the local address oriented databases need by G/FLRPC to create a county by county local address database. Please see http://www.gflrpc.org/luca.html for more details.
- Regional Review: Newsletter of the Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council