The Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council (G/FLRPC) will identify, define, and inform its member counties of issues and opportunities critical to the physical, economic, and social health of the region. G/FLRPC provides forums for discussion, debate, and consensus building, and develops and implements a focused action plan with clearly defined outcomes, which include programs, personnel, and funding.
Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) for the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates Counties) - the LUCA program is the only opportunity offered to tribal, state, and local governments to review and comment on the U.S. Census Bureau’s residential address list for their jurisdiction prior to the 2020 Census. The Census Bureau relies on a complete and accurate address list to reach every living quarters and associated population for inclusion in the census. We will be holding the following Workshops throughout the Region to give a LUCA overview and provide important information to each county and municipality. Information will include the LUCA process, county and municipal requirements for making G/FLRPC the Regional LUCA coordinator and the local address oriented databases need by G/FLRPC to create a county by county local address database. We are strongly recommending that each county and municipality have at least one representative at one of these Workshops. Please see http://www.gflrpc.org/luca.html for more details and to sign-up. The Workshop schedule is as follows:
- May 22, 2017 at 11:00, Orleans County, Orleans County Administration Building, 14016 Route 31, Albion, NY 14411, Conference Room C
- May 22, 2017 at 2:00, Genesee County, Legislature Chambers room (big room on the third floor) at 7 Main Street, Batavia, NY
- May 31, 2017 at 2:00, Livingston County, Livingston County Government Center, 6 Court Street, Geneseo, NY, Rooms 205/208
- June 2, 2017 at 10:00, Yates County, Yates County Office Building, Lower Level Auditorium, 417 Liberty St., Penn Yan, NY
- June 2, 2017 at 2:00, Ontario County, Town of Victor Town Hall, 85 East Main Street, Victor, NY
- June 5, 2017 at 10:00, Seneca County, County Office Building, 1 DiPronio Dr, Waterloo, Hero’s of 911 Conference Room, 3rd Floor. Park in the South Parking lot, entrance will be through security and take elevator to the third floor. On exiting the elevator take a right and then a second right down a side corridor. The Hero’s conference Room is the first door on the left down the side corridor.
- June 5, 2017 at 2:00, Wayne County, The Conference Center at Wayne-Finger Lakes BOCES, 131 Drumlin Ct, Newark, NY
- June 6, 2017 at 10:00, Monroe County, Monroe Community College, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Brighton Room, 1000 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY. The parking lots will be lots M & N
- June 6, 2017 at 1:00, Supervisors’ Chambers, 2nd Floor of the Government Center, 143 North Main Street, Warsaw NY.
- Clean Energy Communities & Climate Smart Communities - Governor Cuomo recently announced the launch of Clean Energy Communities, a $16-million initiative to help local governments across the state reduce energy consumption and drive clean energy use in their communities. Local governments that complete four out of ten identified High Impact Actions will earn the Clean Energy Community designation and access to grant funding to implement additional clean energy projects. To learn more, visit http://nyserda.ny.gov/cec. For questions or assistance in the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region (Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates Counties) contact David Zorn at Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council, email@example.com, 585-454-0190 x14.
- Clean Energy Communities Webinar Series - January, February, and March 2017
- 2020 Census Local Update of Census Addresses Operation (LUCA)
- Regional Review: Newsletter of the Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council