Regional Planning Projects
Regional planning organizations such as G/FLRPC were formed to be able to take a “bigger picture” look at land use, development, and environmental issues that cross multiple jurisdictions. New York State has a long and proud tradition of home rule and local control, so regional planning is done in an advisory capacity. However, especially for jurisdictions that do not have professional planners on staff, the expertise G/FLRPC can bring as a regional, public sector, planning agency, can be very valuable.Below is a sample of regional level projects G/FLRPC has completed. Please see all our publications in our Archives.
- Finger Lakes Regional Sustainability Plan
- Genesee-Finger Lakes Regional Blueway Trails Analysis
- Genesee-Finger Lakes Regional Inventory of Culturally Significant Areas
- Historic Transportation Gateway Inventory and Assessment
- Planning for Transportation and Climate Change: Model Ordinances, Incentives, and Other Resources
- Regional Development Analysis (Build-Out)